Volunteer in Rio!
Come Volunteer in Rio!
Come volunteer in one of Rio´s largest shantytowns (favelas) ¨Complexo do Alemão.¨ Favela residents represent the true change agents who can ensure long-term community transformation. To support this vision, foreign volunteers are able to deliver unique perspectives and educational tools based on background expertise. It is a two-way street when volunteers from abroad work in the favela: local residents learn best practices and foreign social entrepreneurs gain valuable community development experience. Both avenues serve as building blocks to help others pursue their educational development goals.
Since it´s creation in 2004, this project has hosted hundreds of foreign volunteers, who have traveled to Rio to work with youth in the areas of physical education, art programs and/or language instruction. Volunteers can also assist with manual labor as well as working on handicrafts with local women!
- Pre-departure support services
- Airport transfer in
- Big Dude Tour
- Volunteer work 3Xs per week in the Complexo do Alemão favela in Rio´s north zone: nature of work can be selected in volunteer form (see attached)
- Introduction to the favela community, partners and stakeholders
- Orientation day and favela tour with a representative from the volunteer organization
- Portuguese translation support
- Administrative support during entire time in Rio
- Accomodation at the Cabana Copa Hostel for 7 nights/shared lodging in 4/6 OR 8/10 beds dormitory (breakfast included)